Monday, December 2, 2013

Blaugrana nights

Chapter 1

I closed the front door and threw myself on the couch. My legs were still pounding from football practice. Luckily it was a friday and I didn't have to worry about homework or such. I unpacked my training clothes and took a shower. After that I put my pajama on and tied my hair into a bun. I sat down on the couch in front of the tv and switched it on. It was football night. My favorite team was playing, Fc Barcelona. I put the popcorn into the microwave and searched the fridge for  anything else edible. I heard a knock on the door, it was my friend, Jessy. We watched every Barca match together and called them 'blaugrana nights'. 'Sup nigga'. 'hey cow face'. She took her coat off and I handed her the popcorn. I told her to go to the living room whilst I pour our drinks. 'What will the ending score be tonight?'. 'Don't even know, Milan is quite good, and that Balotelli dude, perhaps 2:1 for Barca'. I put our cokes on the table and jumped on the couch and hit Jess with a pillow. 'hey staahp'. The match started and we were so excited. I was wearing my Barca shirt and Jess her scarf. Jessy's all time favorite from Barca was Alexis. I swear he was a god to her, I wouldn't be surprised if she had an altar in her room. I didn't really have a favorite, I liked them all, but I loved them as as a whole. Barca had been my favorite team since day one.
The match was really interesting and packed with surprises. Barca won 3:1, two for Messi, and one for Pique. There was a new player, Neymar, who everyone thought was a superstar. I wasn't really convinced yet, but he held himself quite good during that match. Jess went home, because it was getting late and she had to meet up with somebody. she didn't tell me who with. I sent her off and went back in front of the tv. It was 8pm, my parents weren't coming home for another 2 hours. It was their anniversary and they went out to eat. Ok, I'll use this time to tell you something about myself. I'm an Estonian girl, my name is Britain, Brit for short. That's an unusual name for an Estonian, but my parents are unusual too. Anyway, I'm 17 about to turn 18 on the 31 March. My passion for football started when i was 12. I play for my home team with Jess and with plenty of my other good friends.
It was already 11pm and my parents still weren't at home. I called my mum and they had just pulled into the driveway. 'Hey honey we're home, did Jess come over?'. 'Yeah, she left two hours ago'. 'Who won the match?' my dad asked, he was a big football fan like me. I quess that's where I got it. 'Barca won 3:1'. 'I KNEW IT!'. My dad went to take a shower and after my mom changed her clothes she came and sat next to me. 'So, it's your birthday soon. Any particular wishes?'. 'Nothing special, just a Ferrari and an iPhone 5'. My mum laughed and told me to dream on. 'No mum, i don't want anything special'.
***
Time passed as i had a normal weekend. Played some football and chilled with my friends. It was sunday night and my birthday was tomorrow. The next day was monday so I didn't have to go to school. What a luxury. I went to bed at about 1am. I wasn't really excited about my birthday, just another normal day for me. Only that was exciting that I was turning 18, I was becoming and adult or something close to that.
The next morning I woke up at 10am, my alarm was ringing. I didn't remember turning that on. I couldn't fall asleep anymore anyway so I went downstairs. There was a box on the table with a note 'open me'. I slowly raised the lid and I was truly amazed. It was a beautiful cake, on it there was my last name and my uniform number, in a BARCA theme. I couldn't believe my eyes and I stared at it for about 2 minutes. Suddenly i heard someone from the living room. I slowly walked towards the corner and listened for a second. Silence. I then quickly jumped around the corner and found three persons standind in the middle of the room with blue and red balloons. It was my mum, dad and Jess. I got over the shock and ran over to hug them. 'Oh my god, I loved the cake and this, best birthday ever!'. 'Oh wait Brit, it's gonna get better' Jessy winked at me. We sat around the table and ate cake. It was like heaven and unicorns in my mouth. We talked about what I was going to do for the day. 'Well, don't you want to know what your present is?'. 'Oh yeah, I've already forgot about that. so, spit it out, what is it'. My parents looked at eachother for a sec and smiled. 'You and Jess are flying to Barcelona for two weeks' my mom started. 'And wait, it gets better' my dad smiled and then continued, 'you're going to see Barca play live at Camp Nou'. What. The. Frick. My mouth fell open and I swear a piece of cake fell out. I was completely shocked. I was overwhelmed with happiness and couldn't move. 'Oh my god, mum, dad, I LOVE YOU'.

No comments:

Post a Comment