Monday, December 2, 2013

Mes que un club

Chapter 2

I was packing my suitcase when my phone started ringing, it was Jess. 'What time do I have to be at your place?'. 'Come at about 7pm, we leave for the airport at 11pm'. 'Sounds good'. I hadn't been to Barcelona before,  so I didn't really know what to expect. I packed all my summer clothes I could find and only one sweater and a pair of jeans, at this time it was like +30 degrees in Barcelona. When I threw my last tank top into the suitcase, I had to sit on it to get it closed. Typicial girl problems. Finally I got it closed and pushed it next to the door. Someone knocked on my door and then slowly opened it, my mum, ofcourse. 'So, done packing?'. 'Yup, got a pretty good workout closing it' and I pointed at the bulging suitcase next to the door. 'Are you happy about your present?'. 'You still ask. Ofcourse I am, I'm over the moon as you can see. I'm gonna see my all time favorite team play, I'm going to be at Barcelona for two weeks. Who wouldn't be happy'. 'Ok, but please just be safe and don't get into any trouble, and don't talk to strangers and...'. 'Mum, calm down, we're not 12 anymore, we're big girls, alright. I promise you everything is going to be ok'. My mum smiled and hugged me, she went downstairs to make a snack before Jess gets here. About 15min later my mum called for me, Jess was at the door. I helped her in and dragged her 100 ton suitcase in. 'What you got in here, an elephant?'. 'Don't worry, I'm going to buy another one at Barcelona'. 'Why?'. 'Well, Alexis needs to fit somewhere too'. 
We left at about 10:45pm for the airport. Our plane was leaving at 1am and we had to be two hours earlier there. My dad dragged our suitcases into the car and closed the trunk door heavily. 'I'm getting too old for this' and smiled. We drove off and finally reached the airport. My mum and dad sent us to check in and then said their goodbyes. 'Be good girls, ok?'. 'And call me as soon as you're at your hotel'. 'Okay mum, okay dad. Love you too, bye for now'. They went and waved at the exit. We did our check in's, security and stuff and finally sat down in front of the boarding gate. Soon they started boarding and we sat down in the plane. 'Welll cow face, this is the start of our adventure' Jess pat me on the knee. 'I really hope we don't get raped or something'. 'Well, if the raper's cute, I don't really mind'. 'You sick bastard'. Soon the plane took off, magically, it seemed to me.
***
We landed in Barcelona at 4am, straight from the airport to the hotel. It was near the sea, so we had an amazing view from our room. Jess wanted to sleep a bit more but I stayed up and enjoyed the sunrise. I stood on the balcony with a cup of coffee and just stared onto the sea. Soon Jess woke up too and joined me. We talked about our plans for the day. We wanted to see some famous landmarks and go to the beach, and ofcourse go to Starbucks an KFC. We left the hotel at about 9am and came back about 6hours later. We had already seen so many beautiful people and places, Starbuck and KFC among them, ofcourse. We took our towels and hit the beach, it was a beautiful sunny day and the water was still. The Barca game was tomorrow. And I can't describe with words, how excited we were. 
Later that day we were sitting in our hotel room, enjoying the limitless room service, we were staying at a 5star hotel. It was like getting spoiled. We ended our day with a cider and then went to bed. We couldn't wait for tomorrow.
***
As soon as we woke up we went to the beach. Had a few coctails there and then returned to our room, we had to get ready. We were going to see more of the city and then straight to Camp Nou. I put on my Barca shirt and Jess grabbed her scarf, we were ready to go. 
We had a fantastic time at the city, people are so kind here. 
At 7pm we were already sitting at Camp Nou, the game was going to start at 8:30pm, so we had time to explore the stadium. We didn't see any players, and unfortunatelly didn't find the locker room either, sigh. We fooled around for a bit then sat back down at our seats. We were sitting third row in the Barca fan sector. It was the perfect seat for me, because in the second half, I could see all the beautiful goals, that Barca I was sure was going to score. The match was Barca vs PSG. David Beckham was on the other team, oh my, too much hotness. 
The match started and it was quite equal during the first 10 minutes. Then PSG started taking over. First 1:0, then 2:0. PSG was winning, but I didn't lose hope, I believed in barca, I always had. The second half started and Barca came full on. They were kinda furious and pushed right from the start of the second half. Then it started. 1:2, then 20 minutes later 2:2. I knew it, i hadn't lost hope and was filled with joy. I saw that Barca was eagre to win, I saw it in their tactic and movements. 
The last 2 minutes were critical, Barca was desprate to win. Then it happened. Xavi came running from the middle, then passed to Iniesta, he passed it to Messi who worked his way to the right of the goal and centred the ball to Neymar, who scored a beauuuuuutiful winning goal. He was too happy to describe, he came to the edge of the sector and screamed something in spanish, I didn't understand. Then, something different happened, we made eyecontact, for like 15sec or so. The ending whistle broke it off and he smiled at me, then ran off. I didn't fully understand what just happened, but i was convinced that it wasn't usual. I snapped out of it when Jess started shaking be. 'Brit! Brit, what just happened?'. 'I have no idea'. Fans started pouring out of the stadium singing and dancing, full of joy. We were walking down the hallway laughing and cheering. Suddenly I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned around and found a large man, who looked like a security guard. 'Can you two ladies come with me? A player hinself asked for you'. 'Umm, sure, okay' I barely got out of my mouth. Was this too good to be true? We went through a staff entrance into a long hallway, we reached a red door, that had  written Mes que un club on it. The man opened it and I suddenly felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Fc Barcelona players, all half naked. Sweet baby jesus. Can this be? Then I saw him, he just had put his team shirt on and then noticed me. He smiled and walked towards me. He led me out of the room into the hallway. Jess didn't even notice, she had spotted Alexis, and at that moment, it was impossible to get her out of that room. 'Hi, my name's Neymar. What's yours?' he started. 'Britain, Brit, fir short' and we shook hands. 'So you're a Barca fan?' he smiled pointing at my shirt. We were wearing matching ones. 'Since day one'. 'I couldn't help but notice you from the sector. I was wondering, if I, umm... Could get your number?'. I was shocked and happy at the same time. I tried not to look all creepy and obsessed. 'Ok, sure, why not. But I don't have a pen or paper on me'. 'Oh, no problem' he opened the locker room's door and asked the big guy for a marker. Then he closed it and handed to me. Was confused about the paper for a sec but then he held his hand towards me. I smiled and then wrote my number in the palm of his hand. I handed the marker back to him and smiled. He thanked me and promised to call. 'How long are you staying in Barcelona?'. 'For another two weeks'. 'Oh, that's amazing'. We said goodbye and he hugged me. Right before he closed the door, he winked at me. Oh my god, this is so surreal. It can't be abything close to real. Am I dreaming? I walked slowly down the hallway then heard the door close behind my back. Oh yeah, Jess was there too. 'What the actual fuck just happened?'. 'I don't really know'. 'You gave him your number didn't you?'. 'How did you know?'. 'He came back into the room and started doing some kind of happy dance I think. He was all smiles and showed all the guys his palm'.

No comments:

Post a Comment