Monday, December 9, 2013

I promise

Chapter 6

I had only 5 days left in Barcelona. Wow, leaving was going to be really hard this time. My phone ringed, I answered it. 'Hello'. 'Hi babe, what you up to?'. 'Not much, enjoying the view from our room'. 'Got any plans for tonight?'. 'Nope, Jess's meeting up with an old friend or something'. 'Oh ok, are you interested of going out with me?'. 'you don't even have to ask. What time? and where?'. 'About 7pm, we're going to a new restaurant, it's opening tonight. I've already got reservations. Nothing really formal'. 'Okay great, see you then'. I put my phone on my bed and searched through my suitcase for something formal, yet casual. I searched and matched for an hour, then created this: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=106534611. I was ready and stepped on the balcony. The sun was starting to slowly set and the sky was getting pinkish. I took one last look over the horizon then stepped out of the room. I stood in the elevator and looked at myself in the mirror. I tried to smile a bit, but I couldn't. I reached the lobby and he wasn't there. Strange. I called him to ask where he was. He apologized and told me that there was a crazy traffic jam. I sat on a bench in front of the hotel. I felt sad, I didn't exactly know why. Maybe the fact that I wasn't going to see him for a long time. Then a white Audi drove in front of the sidewalk. I stood up and tried to make a happier face. He smiled and opened the door. The way he looked (without the backpack of course). We parked near the restaurant and walked there. There was a line outside it and we stopped at the end of it. I looked down at the red carpet that we were standing on. He raised my head 'what's wrong?'. Before I got to answer we were already let in. They showed us to our table and we sat across each other. They shortly brought us our menus. We started with some kind of appetizer plus some wine. We talked about his practice and his upcoming match with Ajax. 'I need to ask you something'. His face was kinda worried 'what, is something wrong?'. 'No. Not at all' he gave me a smirk. He took my hand across the table and looked at me in the eyes. HE then quickly looked at his sleeve and then took a deep breath. Gosh I swear I thought he was going to ask me to marry him. 'well, I've been wondering for a while. Since things have happened between us and words have been said'. My heart started pounding faster than it should. He looked back at me in the eyes 'Will you be my girlfriend?'. My heart skipped a beat. 'Oh my god, Ney, of course' I put my other hand on his, then I remembered. 'But..'. 'What? But what?'. 'Don't you remember, I'm leaving for Estonia in four days. I'm not going to see you at all. We'll be 3000 miles apart. The commitment, can we handle it? I'll miss you so bad and I...' and I felt my throat go sore. I felt my eyes filling with tears and I looked at him. 'No babe please don't cry, please don't' he took tighter grab of my hand. 'We're going to make this work. Want to know how? Because I love you. I love you and I'm not planning on letting you go. I'll come to see you as much as possible and I'll fly you over to Spain or even Brazil if you want to. We both have Skype and phones. I'll call you every night. Every night I'll call you just to say I love you. Brit, I promise, we're going to make this work'. I had taken control of my tears and took a deep breath. I looked at him in the eyes. 'Yes'. We both smiled and he kissed the top of my hand.
After the restaurant we went for a walk at the port. The late sunset was beautiful and the air was still warm. We walked to the end of a bridge and stopped there. The water was still and calm. Ney took my hand and turned my body towards his. He searched his pocket for something then took out a little velvet box. He then got on one knee. He saw that I was really confused. 'No Brit, don't worry this isn't a marriage proposal' I relaxed a bit. 'This is a promise ring' he then opened the box. there was a beautiful silver ring with a little diamond on it. 'With this ring, I give you a Promise. Wherever you are you have my promise with you. It'll remind you of me and how much I love you. Will you accept this as a token of my love?'. I smiled and felt a happy tear roll down my cheek. 'Yes, Neymar. Oh my god yes'. He slipped the ring on my finger and stood up. He threw his hand around my waist as tightly as he could and I wrapped my hands around his neck. I could smell his cologne and I could touch his hair with one hand. He then pulled away and looked me in the eyes. He leaned in and kissed me. I can't describe my feelings what I was feeling at the moment. Could my life get anymore perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment